Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ahmed

Yesterday i came across quite a very interesting story on one of the blogs http://lovereallywins.blogspot.com/2006/04/ahmed.html

I copy:

I sold my car yesterday to a Russian guy named Mehei. I really liked Mehei, especially his scraggly goatee. A few days ago, Mehei came and checked out my car for the first time, liked it, and made a provisional offer, but he wanted to get it checked out by a mechanic before he agreed on a final purchase price. I told Mehei that if other people called in the meantime, I would show them the car, but if they made an offer, I would call him and give him first right of refusal. I felt a little slick doing this, but hey, I needed to get as much money as I could get from my car.
The next day, a guy by the name of Ahmed called me, and we agreed on a time that he would come to see my car. He drove it, and really liked it. I told him that there was another offer on the table, but that it wasn't final, so I would accept an offer from him if he would like to make one. I was trying to play both of these guys so that I could get them into a bidding war and get more money for my car. You know, the whole love wins thing.
Err.....When I told Ahmed that there was another offer on the table, he politely said that he did not want to get in the way of this other guy getting my car, since he was there first. He started to say, "It's against my..." and then he finished by simply saying that "I just would not like to do that to the other guy. It wouldn't be fair."
I looked Ahmed in the eyes and told him that I thought he was very honorable, and inwardly I felt a little ashamed.
I immediately wanted to sell my car to Ahmed. He was a genuinely honorable person who was practicing the golden rule with sincerity and humility. I feel in my spirit that Ahmed loves God. I do not know this, I'm just saying that's how I felt when I was around him -- that's what my spirit discerned. I prayed for Ahmed that night.
Ahmed is a Muslim.

No comment from my side except الحمد لله على نعمة الاسلام و كفى بها نعمة

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss the pride of the muslims. Not arrogance, but pride out of love for the beauty of islam and knowing that it is a great gift to be a muslim.

And hey, ofcourse I miss muslims behaving according to the sunnah like this guy, but I guess that's a lot harder to work on?!