Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rain

Last night, around 9 pm, the most wonderful thing ever happened to me.
Standing in the vast yard of masjed "Al Sahaby" in heliopolis, staring at the green-lit minarate ... a part of my mind was listening to the voice of the young preacher comming out form the microphones wired allover the place, and the other part occupied with nostalgetic thoughts ... it's been like ages since i last been to a masjed, since i last attended a lesson .. in general, and for the worst part, since i last felt close to God.
Suddenly, the sky was pouring over my head ...And .. dark as the night was, gloomy as my day was ... a smile shined with warmth into my soul as i watched young men hurrying inside, leaving the wet rugs where they've been sitting on the left side of the yard.
I stood alone in the middle of the yard ... and as i raised my face up to the open sky, closing my eyes and lifting my hands straight opened to the sides ... I visualized everone, every single sound, every existance around me ... and every thought, every memory, every past experience within me ... just fading away ... I was alone in the universe ... I was the only living creature ... and i was as close as i ever felt to my creator.
I was simply Floating ... every droplet that gently hit my face and rolled down my cheek ... every droplet that swept across my eyelashes ... every droplet that sank into the small pool that formed on my palm ... every single one of them was a gift from Allah ... just for me ... he was washing me ... I prayed "Oh Allah, may you wash me from the inside just like you've washed me from the outside!"
It was a few moments that lasted for hours ... It was the ultimate serenity i ever reached ... I was totally disconnected from this world ... and into yet another one in which i was merely a floating "existance" ... one that was in perfect harmony with nature ... and in complete submission to a superior beauty ... Allah.

اللهم يا واصل المنقطعين ... صلنا إليك

7 comments:

sousou said...

And finally you had this shower!!!!!we akhiiiiiiiiiran zest!!!!:))the rain that was following you ...i know it...every time we were together...in alex...and that night i was driving you home ...and the other night....it wasn't just a coincidence i knew it....(heya di leiltek ya sherio:))
I'm so happy for what happened to you last night and hamdolelah we were not together :))
MAy be it will be the last time it rains for this season...
I was reading and i heard it rains...so i started my meditation...& do3a2...may be we had same feelings at the same time....
but YOU had the shower indeed:PP

Babyblue said...

hehehehe ... wallahy i wish it rains all the time for me ALONE ... but it doesn't :)
i went home with my jacket soaking wet and my hijab 3ayez yet3eser.
But i loved every last bit of the experience. Fatek nos 3omrek fel shower da :P

Anonymous said...

HAMMAM ELHANA
:)
WE 3O2BAAL KEDA MATA7'DY SHOWER FE MA2 ZAMZAM W NE2OLEK YA7AGGA BABYBLUE
:)
IT IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SHOWER.
قولوا امين

Babyblue said...

AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
(welly haye3mel comment hena mn gher may2ol Ameen howa 7or :< )

Wa Ayakom gamee3an inshaa'Allah

Unknown said...

Sherio,

Your words were a faithful translator to what you felt, and it tranfered the beauty you have seen to our souls too.

Very good one ya kou kou.

Anonymous said...

This is a prercious moments ya sherio....ya ba7'tek...I hope u get some of such moments every now and then. i was really touched by what u said "since i last felt close to God" this is very important...although it's for sure that God is more close than 7abl el wareed for us all the time...it's rarely that we feel this closeness...and when we feel it it is just...GLORIOUS and SUBLIME. Hanee2an laki we rabenna yaselna kolena ellayhi ISA.

Babyblue said...

Yomna & Maha ,

It's nice when u r able to convey your feelings, it's nicer to find ppl like you who embrace these feelings as if it were their own.
Thanks for being there :)