Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My Career Type

Your Career Type: Social
You are helpful, friendly, and trustworthy.Your talents lie in teaching, nursing, giving information, and solving social problems.
You would make an excellent:
Counselor - Dental Hygienist - LibrarianNurse - Parole Officer - Personal TrainerPhysical Therapist - Social Worker - Teacher
The worst career options for your are realistic careers, like truck driver or farmer.
Hmm, MY CAREER! i can go on hours bout that.First, lets state the facts.Do you know the difference between a job and a career?A career, is something you take for a life time .. when you say "my career is programming" then you are/intend to be working in this field all/most of your life ... that's wut you study for.But, a job is smthg. temporary, my job is a solution delivery coordinator, may be a year later i'll have another job (i.e other tasks/responsibilities) within the same career/field.I'm a computer science graduate .. loved my studies, can say "excelled"
well too ... and when i graduated, i wanted to be an instructor .. well, not because i hate "programming", i just felt i'd find myself more in instruction. so was it, i spent the whole summer of my graduation year applying in different private sector academies/unis
until i finally got accepted in one of them ... well, my life during that time is a whole other story, in short, all my idiolistic theories about the importance and value of delivering knoweldge broke down on the rock of "reality" ...
in short again, private sector education in egypt is no better than a movie theatre, theaters don't care what morale the movie provides, the care about boxoffice ratings!So, a student wants a certificate, ok, give it to him ... he's a loser and doesn't even know how to write his name ... so wut? he's paying right? which means he's paying your salary, right? so SHUT UP and make
him pass the exam by any means!
Anyways, of course i had o quit ... stayed one n a half month at home ... then suddenly had an interview in a mltinational company ... i didn't know wut the heck i was hired for, wut am i gonna do ... i just made esteskhara and i joined the crew!Well, now, and after 7 month. there, i can summarize my job in a few words ... i'm a junior project manager ... i manage orders of
customers, from the ordering stage up to the installation/delivery stage (i.e i'm the one who looks after the order, making sure everyone is doing his job to get this service delivered to the customer) ... sounds boring? well .. to tell ya the truth, if you'd told me 7 month
ago that i'd be doing this, i'd hv certainly turned down the offer ... but practicing it is smthg. else ... i'm the type of a person who simply CANNOT STAND ROUTINE ... and if there's anything i can say bout this job .. it's definitly NOT routine! everyday, we have new problems to solve, new ppl to contact, new faces to meet, new countries to explore, new cultures to discover ... to me, this pays off for everything!So here i am, had a total career shift less than one year after my graduation and up till now, i can honestly say that i'm happy, no regrets Al Hamdullelah :)
Meanwhile, i'm still looking forward to continuing my former career at some point of my life inshaa Allah ... may be in parallel with my current job ... may be that's why i'm still holding to my computer science master preparation ... who knows!
More about the values added to me by my job, Instruction experiences, education ... etc ... coming posts inshaa'Allah ;)

No comments: